"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Thursday 9 April 2015

Bold Lips | Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick


I've got to admit, I never was the biggest fan of bold lips and I would much prefer to go for a dark berry shade than a coral or red, but I think that this lipstick has changed my mind. I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in the shade '37' a few weeks ago and I know already that this will definitely be something that I reach for frequently throughout spring and summer, so I thought I'd let you all know about it. 


I'd describe this colour as a somewhere between a reddish coral with a hint of orange. I don't know if that made any sense but the swatch in the picture above is really true to colour in person. I didn't think that this colour would really suit my colouring but surprisingly I really liked how this looked on me! I think that this colour would look really nice on various skin tones but I think that you're best to try it out on yourself to see how you like it. 

There is more of a matte finish to this lipstick and unfortunately that means that after a while it can begin to feel a bit dry. However, on first application it feels very moisturising. Using a hydrating lip balm before I used this did help a little bit but I think that the slight dryness will always be there.
Despite the dryness, the colour of this lipstick lasts really quite well. It comes off through eating and drinking but leaves a stain on the lips that is really quite pretty. I haven't experienced any bleeding onto the area around my mouth either with this lipstick which is great due to the intense pigmentation it has. Because it's so pigmented I recommend that you use a lip brush while applying this product so that you end up with a super precise, defined line.
Overall, I'd say that the formula of this product is quite good, if a little dry, but that can be easily sorted with some lip balm.

I'd say that this product was definitely a win for me and I imagine that it will feature in a favourite or two in the coming months. If you give it a go I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.

You can get the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in the shade '37' on Feel Unique for £5.49.



Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed! Please make sure you check out all of my links at the top left hand side of my blog so you can keep up to date with me on my different social networks.

Emma



This post was not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.