"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Amsterdam

In my opinion, Amsterdam is mainly known for the wrong reasons. What I've found is that the majority of people think of either the Red Light District, the sex industry or the legalisation of cannabis when they hear 'Amsterdam'. But that's not the Amsterdam I saw when I visited this week. I saw the beautiful architecture and culture of the Dutch, I saw the history embedded in the walls of the buildings and I absorbed the ambiance.
I now see Amsterdam as a city with beauty and character, unlike any other. Unlike many cities, you get a feeling of security as you walk through the empty streets at night that are lined with bicycles. The locals that I met on my travels were all very accommodating and helped me where they could, which I appreciated very much. 
The scenery as you walk the streets in Amsterdam is another one of its wonders. I don't think I saw a single part of Amsterdam that was not beautiful in one way or another, and that's one of the main things I loved about this place. From the canals to the bridges to even a simple bench, they all make for a picturesque view. And the leaning buildings are just something else altogether. 
There is an unlimited number of things to do in Amsterdam also, from canal boat tours to museums, to the Anne Frank house and The Fault in Our Stars bench. Even just walking the streets or along a canal can pass time. We never ran out of things to do here and I think we even could have stayed an extra few days. Amsterdam has provided me with one of my favourite, if not my favourite, place that I have visited so far in the world. I have been absorbed into their culture and diversity and I hope to visit again soon. 

Until we meet again, Amsterdam.

Emma








This post was not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.