"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Sunday 1 February 2015

Let's Talk About Life

I know that this is a change from my usual beauty and fashion related posts but I felt like writing a bit more of a deep, thoughtful post for a little change. Recently there has been quite a lot going on around me that has encouraged me to re-evaluate what I want to do with my life. 

You may or may not have heard of Jak Trueman. Over the past few months he has rightfully become quite a big deal in my community, this is because 15 year old Jak is dying from cancer. He is a complete inspiration due to the way he is dealing with this tragic news and also because he is being so incredibly selfless. There are pages set up called 'Jak's Journey' on facebook and twitter that you can follow which will be linked at the end of this post. There is also a 'Just Giving' page which was set up by his mum where you can donate to Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. This is such a good cause and it would be greatly appreciated if you could donate by clicking the link at the end of this post. 

Another thing that has led me to having this re-evaluation is Anne Frank's diary. In February, as part of my Christmas, I'll be visiting Amsterdam to visit the Anne Frank house, so naturally I had to reread her diary. It really just puts into perspective that the people that were killed were real people with real stories. And it really just makes you realise how much we take what we have for granted and how it could all end at the drop of a hat.


Sorry if this post was a bit depressing, but I just had to express how I was feeling and I thought that Jak's amazing story had to be shared. 


Just Giving page to donate to leukaemia and lymphoma research: https://www.justgiving.com



Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.