"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Monday 19 May 2014

DIY Flower Wall Art

I recently decided that I wanted to do more displays on this blog so I did some searching on pinterest and found some beautiful things. I saw a version of this wall art using toilet roll tubes but it was much bigger and more artistic than I could manage so I decided to downscale it. Anyway, here's how to make a nice little DIY display using toilet roll tubes.

I just collected these tubes from around my house although for my display that I made I only used two toilet roll tubes/one kitchen roll tube.
I made lines at every 1cm along my toilet paper tube to mark the thickness of the display. You could alter this to make it thicker or thinner as you liked.


I cut the tubes according to the lines I made. As I said before, I used two toilet paper rolls.

I then arranged the pieces in the design I wanted but I ended up altering this when I was glueing by accidentally adding too many to the middle. This is when you can make this as arty/plain as you would like.


 I then glued the pieces together using 'Tacky Glue' which is just personally what I preferred. You could use any type of strong holding glue that you would like. I then used paper clips to hold the pieces together until they dried. This means that no pieces will slip away and glue in a way you don't like.

I painted my design using acrylic paint. I used DecoArt's Crafter's Acrylic in 'Pink Lemonade' and 'Spa Blue'. These pastel colours scream spring and I just love them.


Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post! Make sure to share your recreations with me on my Instagram (AspectofBeauty)

Emma x

Instagram/Pinterest/Trendabl: AspectofBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.