"Where there is hope, there is life." - Anne Frank

Monday 17 November 2014

"Wow, I like your lipstick"





We all have that lipstick that makes us feel amazing when we wear it. For me, at the moment anyway, it's been a nice vampy dark lip.These two lippies at the minute have been my absolute go-to for a pick-me-up or to make my makeup a bit more interesting. 


Lets start off with the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the shade 'Black Cherry' which can be found here for £7.49. First off, the colour of this is beautiful, it's a dark brownish-cherry colour that is just perfect for colder seasons. Also, the formula of this is pretty moisturising. The staying power isn't the greatest if you've been eating or drinking but it's easily topped up. The finish of this product has a lovely creamy sheen which makes your lips look pretty plump and juicy, which is never a bad thing. It's just a beautiful shade, but don't get me wrong, it's sometimes not the easiest shade to pull off and a lip liner brush is essential! It might not be best for you to wear this if you are just starting out with makeup as well because you don't want to look to full on.


If you would prefer a slightly lighter, more matte look then this is for you. This is the Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Berry Much' which can be found here for £4.99. The colour of this is a bit more purpley than the previous one, but is still pretty dark. The product has a pretty good staying power and is a little more drying than the Revlon lipstick. This product has a pretty satin-like finish and has just enough sheen to look gorgeous. You might need a lip liner brush for this product also because I can sometimes find it a bit difficult to see where the product is going to go on the outside of my lips. 



Thanks for reading this post, I'd love to know what your favourite lipsticks at the moment are so make sure to let me know in the comments.

Emma x







Sponsored? Don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by leaving me a comment.